[Start of image description: A blue background with a rainbow. A image of a forest with a cozy cottage and a campfire on the left. On the right is a log with a basket of yarn and needles, a black cat holding a ball of red yarn with another basket of yarn and a frog next to it. There is toodstools scattered around the forest and there is an owl in the tree. In the middle is the Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits logo with the words “Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits” End of image description.]

Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Knitted spring birds and dragonflies bunting

Picture of spring birds and dragonflies bunting

Yay it's nearly spring and time to decorate for spring. Do you love to decorate for the seasons?  I knitted this beautiful knitted spring birds and dragonflies bunting to decorate my dining room for spring and brighten up the room.

Patterns used are a little birdie told us by Angela Turner (for the garland), 3 little birds by Tracy Todhunter and Dragonflies by Cassidy Clark.

I love to decorate for each season and needed a spring bunting for the dinning room. In fact its the only spring decor I have, though I do have a few spring projects on my knitting to do list. 


I originally knitted the bunting with just the birds but it looked like it needed something more.  I asked my friend what they thought and they suggested maybe dragonflies. I knitted up a few of them and think it looks really nice nice.  Here is a photos of the finished bunting in the dinning room. The spring birds and dragonflies bunting looks perfect in this space and brightens up the room. 




Pictures of spring bunting with colourful birds and dragonflies


For the birds beak and feet I used pipe cleaners instead of wire. Here are a few close up photos of the knitted bird



Picture of close up of the knitted spring birds face




Picture of close up of knitted spring bird


For the dragonflies I wanted to give them colourful wings that weren't too bright but were still colourful. The variegated yarns gives a nice pattern on the wings. Here are a few close up photos of the birds and dragonflies:





Picture of knitted yellow and white spring bird with a knitted dragonfly


Picture of knitted blue and yellow spring birds with knitted dragonflies




Picture of knitted white and blue spring birds and knitted dragonflies


I think these dragonflies really add to the Knitted spring bunting and complete it quite well. How are you decorating your home this spring?




No comments:

Featured post

The Lady Gadget Blogger Template Services

Love Letters Out Now On!