[Start of image description: A blue background with a rainbow. A image of a forest with a cozy cottage and a campfire on the left. On the right is a log with a basket of yarn and needles, a black cat holding a ball of red yarn with another basket of yarn and a frog next to it. There is toodstools scattered around the forest and there is an owl in the tree. In the middle is the Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits logo with the words “Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits” End of image description.]

Friday, August 3, 2018

Child's knitted crocodile set

Child's knitted crocodile set

A child's knitted crocodile set with a soft toy, knitted crocodile slippers and a custom crocodile beanie to match of course! My child loves crocodiles and watching them on discovery and animal planet.


Patterns used are Miles the crocodile (soft toy)by Amanda Berry at Fluff and Fuzz, Family knit slippers (slippers without the features) by Polar Knit.  Custom beanie and features on the slippers I designed.


Crocodile Soft toy

I found the pattern for the knitted crocodile on Love Knitting called Miles the crocodile by Amanda Berry of Fluff and fuzz, you can find it here: Miles the crocodile. I love how easy the pattern is to understand with photos to explain things.  The cable pattern is also very easy to understand how to do, I love how the cables look on the crocodile soft toyThe knitted crocodile is two different shades as I ran out of the green yarn which I thought I had enough of to finish the crocodile.  I went to get another ball and the batch number was the same.  I was knitting the crocodile night and didn't realise until the morning that it was different, never mind. This knitted crocodile soft toy makes the perfect snuggle toy at night and the perfect play mate during the day perfect for crocodile hunting games and playing pirates. 


Knitted crocodile soft toy




The back of the knitted crocodile soft toy



Crocodile slippers


Remember the green knitted slippers I started making but ran out of yarn with 2 decrease rows left? Here they are finally finished, the  slipper pattern is Family Knit Slippers by Polar Knit.  Once they were finished I then got asked to make them into crocodile slippers, good thing they were already green.  I knitted the eyes from one of the patterns I designed and embroidered the mouth for the crocodile slippers using two stands of white yarn.

Child's knitted crocodile slippers



Knitted crocodile slippers, side on

Crocodile beanie


We needed a crocodile beanie to match the knitted slippers of course!  I love designing custom beanies, they are among my favourite things to knit.  I love taking my beanie pattern and turning the beanie into different animals, characters etc.  I knitted the crocodile beanie in garter stitch to replicate the back of the crocodile, added eyes and a zig zag mouth.  Here are a few photos of the finished beanie:


Knitted crocodile beanie


Close up of the face on the knitted crocodile beanie

Completed child's crocodile set


Here is a larger photo of the completed knitted crocodile set, my child has sometimes worn the beanie and slippers to bed and taken the the crocodile soft toy to bed too of course!



Knitted crocodile set - soft toy, beanie and slippers


No comments:

Featured post

The Lady Gadget Blogger Template Services

Love Letters Out Now On!