[Start of image description: A blue background with a rainbow. A image of a forest with a cozy cottage and a campfire on the left. On the right is a log with a basket of yarn and needles, a black cat holding a ball of red yarn with another basket of yarn and a frog next to it. There is toodstools scattered around the forest and there is an owl in the tree. In the middle is the Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits logo with the words “Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits” End of image description.]

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Knitted cat - Squiggles

Picture of knitting project - knitted cat called squiggles

A cute cuddly knitted cat soft toy, called squiggles.  I made from a kit I had from a few years ago. I thought the knitted cat would look great in my knitting room. But my children fell in love with him- they put him on the mantle piece and have been playing with the knitted cat.

The kit


Here is the kit I got free with a Knit Today magazine a few years ago before they went out of print.  It come with everything I needed to knit the knitted cat soft toy - squiggles except for the knitting needles and stuffing. Pattern is called 'squiggles' - I'm not sure who designed the pattern as it has no name, which is a bit annoying as I would love to credit them for their design.  Here is the kit with my knitting needles ready to knit. 



Picture of squiggles the cat knitting kit



While the knitted cat -squiggles is knitted on straight needles I prefer to knit with DPN'S as they are smaller then I just put needle point protectors on the ends to stop the stitches from falling off. Does anyone do the same?  




Knitted cat - squiggles


The knitted cat was quick and easy to knit up as it was knitted in one piece.  I wasn't sure how the ears were going to turn out as you stitch up the cast off edge.  Then you put the needle down through the top and pull it to the bottom, tie and thread the end in.  I love how it turned out, though I might need to make a few more for my children :-) This was a perfect for an afternoon of knitting. Here is a few photo of the knitted cat - squiggles after I had finished knitting him.




Picture of squiggles the knitted cat


His face looks so cute, my children say it makes them want to pick him up and cuddle him.




Picture of a close up of  knitted cat squiggles face


Photo of the knitted cat - squiggles, ready to go in my knitting room ops or so I though, laughs.


Picture of a close up of squiggles the knitted cat


Where will squiggles end up? My guess is in my children's bed or their toy box...




No comments:

Featured post

The Lady Gadget Blogger Template Services

Love Letters Out Now On!