[Start of image description: A blue background with a rainbow. A image of a forest with a cozy cottage and a campfire on the left. On the right is a log with a basket of yarn and needles, a black cat holding a ball of red yarn with another basket of yarn and a frog next to it. There is toodstools scattered around the forest and there is an owl in the tree. In the middle is the Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits logo with the words “Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits” End of image description.]

Friday, June 15, 2018

Free Pattern - Mug Cozy


Looking for way to make your kitchen a bit cozy a mug Cozy is perfect.  I knitted a couple of mug cozies to make my morning cuppa a bit more cozy.  I hate cold winter days and this mug cozy is perfect, the feel of the yarn in my hands and the warmth from my cuppa coming through the mug cozy. Here is our mug cozy free pattern.


Mug Cozy free knitting pattern

What can you use this pattern for? 

All knitting patterns copyrighted under the New Zealand copy right Act 1994.  Knitting patterns are for personal use only, you may sell items you have made at a stall or market selling online is prohibited. Please give credit for the pattern if you use it to sell items at a stall or market. You are prohibited to use these for commercial purposesfor the sale of items made or selling of the pattern itself. Reproduction in whole or part for commercial use is strictly prohibited.  If your family and friends would like the pattern please send them a link to the pattern so you do not infringe copyright.

Mug Cozies
You will need:
4 1/2mm neddles
50g ball of your choice of colour (A)
50g ball of your choice of colour (B)

Basket weave pattern:

Row 1: *K4, P4, repeat from * to end 
Row 2: *P4, k4, repeat from * to end 
Row 3: *K4, P4, repeat from * to end 
Row 4: *P4, k4, repeat from * to end 
Row 5: * P4, K4, repeat from * to end
Row 6: *K4, P4, repeat from * to end
Row 7: *P4, K4, repeat from * to end
Row 8: *K4, P4, repeat from * to end

Mug Cozy
Cast on 36sts using which method you prefer - I used a long tail Cast on
K1, P1 rib for 6 rows

Basket weave for 16 rows
Repeat the basket weave pattern above 4times

K1, P1 rib for 6 rows
Cast off

YOur mug cozy should look like this:


Mug Cozy before stitching up

Stitch up the rib at the top and bottom, so the mug cozy looks like this:


Mug cozy after stitching


Mug cozy ready to use

Your mug cozy is now ready to put on your cup and use when you next make a cuppa.


Close up of mug cozy ready to use

Close up of mug cozy ready to use


© 2018 Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits. All rights reserved.
This pattern is intended for personal use only, you may sell items you have made at a local market or gala and does not include selling items online which is strictly prohibited. Please give credit for the pattern. Use for commercial purposesfor the sale of items made or selling of the pattern itself is prohibited. Reproduction in whole or part for commercial use is strictly prohibited.


12 comments:

Lalka Crochetka said...

it is lovely mug cozy - for sure will be great in winter! I like colors :)

Arjaye said...

Awh thanks, they sure are great in winter and autumn :-)

Sum of their Stories said...

These are lovely. In our house tea or coffee doesn't usually hang around long enough to go cold but my Aunt has a serious leave her tea too long issue, these would be a great gift for her!

Arjaye said...

Awh thanks. Laughs, mine doesn’t last long first thing in the morning either. Oh dear about her leaving it too long. She sounds like me, mine usually goes cold during the day since I get busy with my children or I knit and forget about it so just drink it cold laughs.

Ginx Craft said...

I am also someone who leaves her tea too long, but then also feel compelled to drink it, so this would be great for me.

Arjaye said...

Oh dear, yes same I hate wasting anything so drink mine too. Have fun knitting some if you decided to make some.

Ginx Craft said...

That is a great idea. I find at work that my tea goes cold, but I still go on drinking it. This would help.

Ginx Craft said...

Oh, I just noticed I already left a comment before. So this makes a third one. Oops.

Arjaye said...

Laughs, that's o.k :-)

Arjaye said...

Thanks, I do the same with my cup of tea or coffee too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you. I’m too anxious to sit still during therapy so having an easy pattern to work on during it has helped so, so, so much. Many heartfelt thanks :)

Arjaye said...

Hi thank you for your kind comment I'm sorry to hear that you have anxiety I do too it can be tough at times. I'm glad the pattern is helping you and hope your therapy is going ok too. Awh your welcome, thinking of you. πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ’–πŸ’–πŸŒˆπŸ¦‹

Featured post

The Lady Gadget Blogger Template Services

Love Letters Out Now On!