[Start of image description: A blue background with a rainbow. A image of a forest with a cozy cottage and a campfire on the left. On the right is a log with a basket of yarn and needles, a black cat holding a ball of red yarn with another basket of yarn and a frog next to it. There is toodstools scattered around the forest and there is an owl in the tree. In the middle is the Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits logo with the words “Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits” End of image description.]

Friday, June 29, 2018

Knitted beanie, fingerless gloves and scarf

Cozy knits are perfect for this time of year. Since it’s winter I decided to knit another set this time a beanie, gloves and a scarf. Perfect for going outside in this frosty cold weather.
I decided to knit these in a self stripping yarn, I thought it would be fun to see what it looks like since I hadn't use self striping yarn before.  The stripes come out quite nice with black, grey and white with flecks of blue or red of both. I knitted the beanie and fingerless gloves a while ago and was supposed to knit a matching scarf last winter but the yarn just sat there.

Self striping set


Knitted beanie


I knitted the beanie on straight needles, it knitted up quite well.  I prefer using a K1, P1 rib as I think it looks a bit neater than K2, P2 rib.  The stocking stitch shows the stripes quite nicely too.


Self striping beanie


Knitted fingerless gloves

I decided to make fingerless gloves to match after having yarn left over from the beanie.  I wasn't going to add in the holes of each finger but I ended up adding them in.  They were quite fiddly to make, stitch up and then turn in the right was as I always stitch up on the wrong side.  I was so happy they turned out alright and fitted perfectly.


Self striping fingerless gloves


Knitted scarf

When I started learning to knit continental and needed to practice how to knit, I thought this scarf would be the perfect project.  Though a long one, due to the length of the scarf.  If you would like the pattern for the scarf you can find it here: Free scarves pattern

It is good to have the scarf finally finished after so long and another project finished from my projects to finish container.  I love how the set looks together, though they would also look great on their own too.


Self striping scarf
Have you knitted in self stripping yarn before? It's fun seeing how it will turn out, it amazes me how they dye it to make it self pattern.

Featured post

The Lady Gadget Blogger Template Services

Love Letters Out Now On!