[Start of image description: A blue background with a rainbow. A image of a forest with a cozy cottage and a campfire on the left. On the right is a log with a basket of yarn and needles, a black cat holding a ball of red yarn with another basket of yarn and a frog next to it. There is toodstools scattered around the forest and there is an owl in the tree. In the middle is the Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits logo with the words “Cozy Woodland Cottage Knits” End of image description.]

Sunday, June 10, 2018

Project share: Cozy knitted gifts


Cozy knits are perfect for this time of year.  Since it’s winter I decided to knit another of my favourite cozy knits - beanies and slippers.  Perfect for the cold weather. I also made a pretty owl headband and a little bobble stitch gift bag.


Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored or paid post and I am not an affiliate of Love knitting or Camexia Designs nor do I receive anything for free for linking to Camexia Designs pattern.  I have linked to Camexia Designs pattern on Love Knitting because I love the owl headband and how it looks once I knitted it.  I only ever recommend something I have actually used and love.  I have Permission from Love Knitting to use the link in this post.

I knitted three gift sets each with a beanie and slippers, yes I knitted more slippers. I also knitted another gift set with an owl headband, slippers, a beanie and the bobble stitch bag.


Gift sets for my friends children

I knitted a dark blue pair of slippers and beanie using 12ply yarn for my friends son to keep him nice and warm.  


Gift set for my friends son to keep him warm over winter.


Cozy warm beanie, perfect for when playing outside  

Cozy slippers to keep his feet nice and toasty.


I knitted the beanie and slippers set for my friends daughter in a blues and purples variegated yarn.  Yes it is the same beanie I knitted using continental knitting.  I hope to release the pattern for the beanie soon.  I made a cute owl headband and a little bobble stitch bag gift set to put her present in.  


Gift set for my friends daughter - part of her Birthday present
Cozy beanie perfect for playing outside and slippers
to keep her feet toasty warm
Close up of the beanie.

Close up of the cozy slippers

 I love this cute owl headband done in cable, and thought it would be a great gift. I found it on Love Knitting you can find the pattern here: https://www.loveknitting.com.au/owl-in-the-forest-headband-knitting-pattern-by-camexiadesigns.


Pretty owl headband
Close up of the bobble stitch bag - I love how fun these bobbles look
I knitted this little bobble stitch bag to put her Birthday present in and think it adds a nice touch to her present.  You can find my free pattern for the little bobble stitch bag here: https://cozywoodlandcottageknits.blogspot.com/p/free-patterns.html 

If you aren't sure how to do bobble stitch you can find my how to do bobbles here:
https://cozywoodlandcottageknits.blogspot.com/2018/05/how-to-do-bobbles.html


Gift sets for my nephews 

I knitted my nephew a pair of dark blue slippers with a beanie using variegated yarn.


Gift set for my nephew

Varigated beanie to keep him nice and warm
Cozy slipper


I knitted this cute little slippers and beanie using variegated yarn for my baby nephew.  I love how the beanie looks a bit like I used self patterning yarn, I've had this happen a few times with variegated yarn.


Gift set for my baby nephew - hes going to look so cute in these.

Cozy slippers to keep my baby nephews feet warm

These have ticked off a few more items of my to do list and it is nice to have them finished and less on my to do list.  I can't wait to seeing the look on all of their faces when they receive their gifts. 

What have you been working on lately? Cozy winter knits? Knits for spring?

No comments:

Featured post

The Lady Gadget Blogger Template Services

Love Letters Out Now On!